lunes, 2 de septiembre de 2019

POEM OF PAUL NERUDA Friend, don't die





POEM OF PAUL NERUDA
Friend, don't die


Friend, don't die.

Hear me these words that burn me

and that nobody would say if I didn't say them.

Friend, don't die.

I am the one waiting for you on the starry night.

Which under the bloody setting sun awaits.

I watch the fruits fall on the gloomy earth.

I look dance the drops of dew on the grass.

In the night to the thick perfume of roses,

when he dances the round of immense shadows.

Under the southern sky, the one that awaits you when

the afternoon air like a mouth kisses.

Friend, don't die.

I am the one who cut the rebel garlands

for the fragrant jungle bed in the sun and in the jungle.

The one who brought yellow hyacinths in his arms.

And torn roses. And bloody poppies.

The one who crossed his arms for waiting for you, now.

The guy that broke his arches. The one that bent his arrows.

I am the one who keeps a taste of grapes on my lips.

Clusters refrigerated. Vermilion bites.

He who calls you from the plains sprouted.

I am the one who in the hour of love wishes you.

The afternoon air forms the tall branches.

Drunk, my heart. Under God, wobble.

The unleashed river breaks into tears and sometimes

his voice thins and becomes pure and trembling.

The blue complaint of the water rumbles in the evening.

Friend, don't die!

I am the one that awaits you on the starry night,

on the golden beaches, on the blonde you were.

The one who cut hyacinths for your bed, and roses.

Lying among the grasses I am the one that awaits you!

One of the saddest poems by Pablo Neruda, which is about a friend who is fighting for life and may not survive. A piece that reaches the heart and desperately asks you not to leave.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario