martes, 24 de enero de 2023

Ode to the Rose, Pablo Neruda to the rose...i

 


Ode to the Rose, 

Pablo Neruda





to the rose,

to this rose,

to the only one,

to this gallant, open,

pink adult,

to its velvet depth,

to the bursting of her red breast.

They believed,

Yeah,

they believed

that she gave up on you,

I don't sing to you

that you are not mine, rose,

but alien,

that I

I go around the world

without looking at you,

concerned

only

of man

and his conflict.

It's not true, pink.

love you.

Teen,

I preferred the spikes,

the grenades,

I preferred rough flowers

scrub, wild

lilies.

for elegant

I despised your upright

fullness,

the morning satin of your bodice,

the indolent insolence

of your agony, when

you drop a petal

and with the others

you continue to burn

until all the treasure was scattered.





You belong to Me,

pink,

like everything

what is on earth

and can't

the poet

close the eyes

to your glass on fire,

close my heart to your fragrance.

Rose, you are tough:

I've seen

snow fall in my garden:

the ice

paralyzed life,

the big trees

they broke their branches,

only,

rosebush,

survivor,

stubborn,

naked, there in the cold

earthlike,

relative

of the farmer, of the mud,

of the frost,

and later on

punctual, birth

of a rose,

the growth of a flare.


worker rose,

you work

your perfume,

you elaborate

your scarlet burst or your whiteness,

all the winter

you search the earth,

you dig

minerals,

mining,

you put out fire

From the bottom

and then

you open up,

splendor of light, lip of fire,

beauty lamp.




To me

you belong to Me,

me and everyone

even though

barely

let's have

time to look at you,

life for

dedicate to your flames

the cares,

pink,

you are ours

you come

of time consumed

and you advance,

you leave the gardens

to the future.

you walk

the way

of man,

unshakable and victorious you are

a little

flag cocoon.

Under your resistant and delicate

fragrance pavilion

the grave earth defeated death

and victory was your flare.


New Elemental Odes (1954)



Pablo Neruda (1904-1973)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario