miércoles, 8 de mayo de 2019

***The true love***

The true love






An elderly man came to the clinic where I work to get a wound in his hand cured.

I was in a hurry, and as he healed I asked him what was so urgent that he had to do. He told me he had to go to a nursing home for breakfast with his wife who lived there.

He told me that he had been in that place for some time and that he had advanced Alzheimer's. While I had just bandaged the wound, I asked her if she would be alarmed in case he arrived late that morning.

He did not tell me. She does not know who I am. it's been five years since he last recognized me.

Then I asked him surprised:

And if you do not know who you are anymore, why the need to be with her every morning? She smiled at me and giving me a pat on the hand she said: "She does not know who I am, but I still know very well who she is".

I had to hold back my tears as I left and I thought:

"True love is not limited to the physical or the romantic, true love is the acceptance of everything that the other is, what has been, what will be and what is no longer"


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario