domingo, 26 de junio de 2022

Poem Gazelle of the Terrible Presence, by Federico García Lorca.

 Poem

Gazelle of the Terrible Presence, by Federico García Lorca


I want the water to run out of channel.

I want the wind to run out of valleys.


I want the night to run out of eyes

and my heart without the flower of gold.


Let the oxen speak with the great leaves

and that the earthworm dies of shade.


Let the skull's teeth shine

and the yellows flood the silk.


I can see the mourning of the wounded night

fighting coiled with noon.


I resist a sunset of green poison

and the broken arches where time suffers.


But don't show me your clean naked

like a black cactus open in the reeds.


Leave me in a craving for dark planets,

But don't show me your cool waist!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario