martes, 28 de junio de 2022

POEM Let's make a Deal of MARIO BENEDETTI

 





POEM

 Let's make a Deal 

of MARIO BENEDETTI


Comrade, you know that you can count on me, not up to two or up to ten, but count on me.


If you ever notice that I look into your eyes and you recognize a streak of love in mine, do not alert your rifles or think that I am delusional despite the streak or perhaps because it exists, you can count on me.


If other times she finds me sullen for no reason, don't think how lazy she can still count on me.


But let's make a deal, I would like to count on you. It is so nice to know that you exist, one feels alive and when I say this I mean to count, even to two, even to five, not so that you rush to my aid, but to know for sure that you know you can count on me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario