sábado, 21 de abril de 2018

Sonnet 22 de Pablo Neruda

Sonnet 22 de Pablo Neruda
How many times, love, I loved you without seeing you and maybe without memory,

without recognizing your look, without looking at you, centaury,

in opposite regions, in a burning midday:

You were just the aroma of the cereals that I love.

Maybe I saw you, I supposed you in passing raising a cup

in Angola, in the light of the June moon,

or were you the waist of that guitar

that I played in the darkness and it sounded like the sea beyond measure.

I loved you without my knowing it, and I searched for your memory.

In the empty houses I entered with a lantern to steal your portrait.

But I already knew what it was. Suddenly

while you were with me I touched you and my life stopped:

in front of my eyes you were, reigning me, and queens.

Like fire in the woods, fire is your kingdom.

A poem that deals with the memory of love, a love that, possibly, is not reciprocated. You can continue to love despite time and distance, you can be in love without seeing, only with memories and hope. It is the strength of the heart.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario